I should know to make a car insurance claims
When to File a Claim
Contact your car insurance company as soon as possible following a car collision. You may also need to file a claim if your vehicle is:
- Damaged from a non-accident-related event, such as fire or severe weather.
Your auto insurance agent’s or insurance company’s telephone number is listed on the front of your insurance card. However, you may also be able to find it online and in your actual policy documents.
Information You’ll Need to make acar insurance claims
When you contact your company to file a claim, make sure to provide the following details:
- Your full name and policy number.
- The start and end date of your policy.
- Date and time of the incident.
- Names, addresses, and phone numbers of all drivers, passengers, and witnesses.
- Driver’s license and license plate numbers for all drivers.
Five Basic Steps of Filing a car insurance claims
Once you contact the car insurance company, your case will go through the following steps.
- Case assignment to a professional at your car insurance company who will work on your claim.
- Meeting with your claims professional to discuss your coverages and the situation.
- Evaluation by your claims professional, which can include inspecting your car, examining evidence of any injury claims, and an initial payment.
- Resolution of the case, including payments as appropriate.
- Closing of the case.
Since you are responsible for protecting your own property, your car insurance company may require you to make temporary fixes to your car while you are waiting for car repairs. These can help prevent further damage. However, be sure not to make permanent repairs before you are approved, because these may not be reimbursed.
Make sure to keep receipts for expenses as you fix your car and seek medical treatment.